Forest put in a dominating second half performance to take all three points on the road against Woodford Town 2017.

It was Forest’s first away win of the season, and an excellent way to bounce back following three consecutive defeats.

But early on in the game, it looked as if Forest’s wait for an away win would have to continue. Sam Haywood in the Forest goal did well to tip over a long-range effort, but the resulting corner by-passed everyone in the box leaving Leon Wildman to tap in at the back post.

The turning point came with only five minutes of the half remaining. Woodford hit Forest on the break, and Haywood saved a one-on-one opportunity well with his feet to deny the Town forward a near certain coal.

This spurred Forest into action, and not long later Hafeez Sanusi turned his marker in the box, but could only find the side netting.

A deserved equalizer came through Vicente Belho who beat his man with a stepover before firing in low and hard into the bottom corner from the edge of the area.

There was still time for the half to get worse from the host, as they were reduced to ten men following a foul on Abiola Tanimowo who broke through from half-way before being taken down on the edge of the home penalty area.

Forest came out all guns blazing in the second half, and if it wasn’t for former Stag Ali Shikheey clearing off the line, they could have been ahead within seconds.

But Sanusi did indeed give Forest the advantage just five minutes into the half, smashing home a loose ball after Tanimowo’s initial effort was saved.

Town’s other former Stag, Denzel Williams then almost turned a cross into his own net, before Belho had an effort tipped onto the post, and Tanimowo had a huge shout for a penalty turned down.

Forest were finding plenty of space behind the home defence, and were soon two goals to the good after Sanusi latched onto Boris Kipeya’s nutmeg pass down the wing, squaring to Azhad Masoud for the easiest of tap-ins.

The best was saved til last though, as Mo Koita’s goal put the icing on the cake for Forest. Standing by the touchline on half-way, Koita was able to control a long ball out of defence by flicking it between his legs some three feet off the ground, before running the length of the half and curling a peachy right-foot effort past the stranded keeper.

Forest were excellent value for the win, and now host Sporting Bengal United on Saturday.